No Protesters Turn Up At Local Marine's Funeral
Journalist Questions:
Who: Soldier's family/friends, protesters
What: Demonstration of beliefs
When: Following the death of a soldier (Sept 28)
Where: El Paso, TX
Why: To protest their beliefs
How: Thru protesting at a military funeral
The news article is about a deceased soldier whose family held a funeral following his death. A group of members from a local Baptist church were thought to show up to protest the funeral, fighting for their beliefs in peace. They also wanted to demonstrate their disbelief in war and the armed forces. To me this is ridiculous because the family and friends are their mourning their lost loved ones. Also, the soldier died fighting for those American's to be free and to have the right to protest. I find it shameful that people would do such a thing. As a Iraqi veteran, I would be very upset if this happened to one of my fellow soldiers or to my family if I had died in Iraq. It is a blessing that those people did not show up.
No comments:
Post a Comment